Week #3 – Leaders who discuss emerging trends
This week has been a great time to feature Shashi Bellamkonda as a leader of emerging trends. Hopefully by now, you will have researched Shashi, learned about his background, and followed his patterns of activity. All of that builds up to today’s prompt. Your job is to list ten emerging trends that Shashi Bellamkonda has spotted.
Creative Idea Gal’s Thoughts
One of the most rewarding things about following people and tracking their patterns of activity is learning. Leaders who do well discussing emerging trends within a particular industry are passionate and repetitive. They often repeat similar types of information, sort of like a theme of facts. Over time, it becomes easier to understand those trends.
I highly recommend actively searching out for people who you think are good leaders of emerging trends. Mine happens to be Shashi Bellamkonda. Yours may be within different industries. Do basic Internet research and you’ll find good people sharing great information and creating emerging trends.
Tips on How to Spark Creativity in Writing
- Tip #9 – Don’t forget about doing basic Internet research!
In this day and age, it is too easy to get involved with social media. Understandably, social media is fun and addictive, but it is not the end-all, be-all within a writer’s bag of tricks. Writers must be more careful with their time. Though it may be enjoyable to participate in social media activities, it is more useful to do basic Internet research.
Nothing replaces a writer’s gut instinct to ask the right questions and have the persistence to find information and research things. In other words, don’t rely on Youtube videos or shared links or photos to get you motivated to write. Do the legwork yourself. Don’t forget about doing basic Internet research to inspire you to write!
Emerging Trends on Twitter
Here is a sampling of yesterday’s emerging trends based on Twitter hashtags:
- #NationalTellAGirlSheIsBeautifulDay (Wow. This one took a lot of effort to research.) (related: #xoxomoselle) (A Latina teen from Washington state, Moselle Lopez appears to be popular enough to have her hashtag trend on Twitter)
- #Navalny (Russian protest leader Alexei Navalny is sentenced to jail)
- #SDCC (San Diego Convention Center, the place that is hosting this year’s Comic-Con, a conference about comics and pop culture)
Writing Prompt 084
Prompt: List 10 emerging trends spotted by Shashi Bellamkonda
- Step 1: Spotting emerging trends on your own can be difficult. Following someone who discusses emerging trends is easier. Do basic Internet research on leaders who discuss emerging trends.
- Step 2: View Shashi’s social media streams. Try to notice his patterns of activity. They will give good clues about the types of trends he spots.
- Step 3: List ten emerging trends spotted by Bellamkonda. Write a descriptive paragraph for each of the ten trends and see if they are related somehow.
Please be sure to leave comments about this writing prompt. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci is the creator of this unique 10-month training program providing writing prompts to nonfiction writers. Amanda is a diehard creative and an aspiring book author, currently blogging a book on faith, A Slice of Faith, on a community website. Visit Amanda’s blog. Follow Amanda on her journey to book publication. Like A Slice of Faith on Facebook.