Pop Culture Monday
Welcome to our second blog post in Pop Culture Monday as part of our month-long focus on the pop culture theme. Miss last Monday’s prompt? No problem. Here it is again. This is week 2, Writing Prompt 004 in our 44-week, 120-prompt training program en route to the WNFIN challenge!
In today’s writing prompt, we are focusing on the young royal couple from England, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. In early December 2012, headlines announced that the duchess was hospitalized due to a serious medical condition. Today’s prompt will turn you into a factual business writer.
Writing Prompt 004
To complete today’s prompt, take the following steps on the honor system.
- Step 1: Research the news story about the duchess’ medical condition from December. Make sure you understand the condition and note its proper spelling.
- Step 2: Find out some basic information about that medical condition.
- Step 3: Describe the medical condition in your own words, in writing. Try to explain why you think people who have this medical condition should be carefully protected and cared for.
- Step 4: If you have any history with this medical condition, be sure to incorporate that in your writing.
- Bonus Step: If you own a blog and wish to share a link to the blog post that contains your response to today’s writing prompt, we welcome your permalink and encourage you to post it as a comment below!
Please be sure to leave your comments about this writing prompt below. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci, J.D., is a freelance writer with 14 years of experience writing professionally. Socci currently cuts her blogging chops on her personal portfolio blog, the Creative Idea Gal blog, and on an online news site, Mount Vernon Patch. Inspired by Nina Amir’s Write Nonfiction in November writing challenge, she created a unique 10-month training program for Writenonfictionnow.com and Writenonfictioninnovember.com blog visitors.
Grab the badge of honor and upload it to your blog. Follow the prompts three times a week (M-W-F) right here.