Celebrity Quotes Friday
Last week’s writing prompt offered many choices of celebrity quotes. This week, we focus on one celebrity only. In today’s prompt, we go back in time to an era of old-fashioned goodness, also known as the Golden Age of Hollywood. See if you can figure out which celebrity said the famous quote, below. Hint: this person was a famous dancer with a dominant partner.
The quote reads, in part:
“Sure he was great, but don’t forget (I) did everything he did backwards…and in high heels!”
Writing Prompt 006
- Step 1: Learn about the Golden Age of Hollywood and its distinctive style.
- Step 2: Find out who said this famous quote (above) and why the person said it.
- Step 3: Go to Youtube and find a short video starring this dancer.
- Step 4: Pretend you know a lot about this dancer. Describe this dancer and their particular dance style in writing to an audience that doesn’t know anything about the dancer. What words would you use? How would you describe things? Can you compare this dance style from the Golden Age of Hollywood to modern styles?
- Bonus Step: If you own a blog and wish to share a link to the blog post that contains your response to today’s writing prompt, we welcome your permalink and encourage you to post it as a comment below!
Please be sure to leave your comments about this writing challenge and prompt below. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci, J.D., is a freelance writer with 14 years of experience writing professionally. Socci currently cuts her blogging chops on her personal portfolio blog, the Creative Idea Gal blog, and on an online news site, Mount Vernon Patch. Inspired by Nina Amir’s Write Nonfiction in November writing challenge, she created a unique 10-month training program for Writenonfictionnow.com and Writenonfictioninnovember.com blog visitors.
Grab the badge of honor and upload it to your blog. Follow the prompts three times a week (M-W-F) right here.