January Jones Wednesday
Welcome to our first January Jones Wednesday! Here is Writing Prompt 002 in our 44-week, 120-prompt training program en route to the WNFIN challenge!
Wednesdays in January are about to get hot – – smoking hot, if you find blondes attractive (or even if you don’t). Every Wednesday in January, we’ll be writing about some aspect of January Jones. It’s time to continue our January theme of pop culture by delving into the personal and professional life of actress January Jones.
Writing Prompt 002
To complete today’s prompt, take the following steps on the honor system.
- Step 1: Find out who January Jones is! Basic Internet research should yield some interesting information.
- Step 2: Find out what famous television show she is on and why that show is important.
- Step 3: The show is about a fictional business, but you will now create a similar fictional business. Come up with a clever name for your business, but make it realistic.
- Step 4: With me so far? Now that you have a clever name for your business, your first task is to develop an equally clever advertising campaign for Nina Amir’s writing services. Tough one, I know, but doable!
- Step 5: Incorporate the name of your fictional business along with the advertising campaign (step 4) into your stunning, stellar, beautiful nonfiction writing.
- Bonus Step: If you own a blog and wish to share a link to the blog post that contains your response to today’s writing prompt, we welcome your permalink and encourage you to post it as a comment below!
Please be sure to leave your comments about this writing challenge and prompt below. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci, J.D., is a freelance writer with 14 years of experience writing professionally. Socci currently cuts her blogging chops on her personal portfolio blog, the Creative Idea Gal blog, and on an online news site, Mount Vernon Patch.
Inspired by Nina Amir’s Write Nonfiction in November writing challenge, she created a unique 10-month training program for Writenonfictionnow.com and Writenonfictioninnovember.com blog visitors. Grab the badge of honor and upload it to your blog. Follow the prompts three times a week (M-W-F) right here.
[…] did you do with the January Jones writing prompt from last week? Wasn’t it interesting learning more about her show? Today’s writing prompt has a clever six […]
[…] January Jones’ personal and professional life has led us to create ad campaigns for Nina Amir’s writing services and the native peoples of January’s birth state. Today, it is time to focus on the costume that […]