January Jones Wednesday
How did you do with the January Jones writing prompt from last week? Wasn’t it interesting learning more about her show? Today’s writing prompt has a clever six degrees of separation quality to it. How does January Jones relate to the native peoples listed in today’s prompt? Basic research should yield fascinating details.
Writing Prompt 005
- Step 1: Do basic research on actress January Jones. Find out what city and state she was born in.
- Step 2: Find out the name of the important river in that state. The name of the river should lead you to the names of native peoples who lived near that river many years ago.
- Step 3: Recall from last week’s writing prompt the name of the famous show in which January Jones appears.
- Step 4: Building upon the same fictional firm you created a week ago, today’s task is to conduct an advertising campaign for the native peoples who once lived near that important river. If they were alive today, how would you promote them in today’s society? What barriers do you think your campaign may have to deal with? Hint: you must be politically correct in your wording!
- Bonus Step: If you own a blog and wish to share a link to the blog post that contains your response to today’s writing prompt, we welcome your permalink and encourage you to post it as a comment below!
Please be sure to leave your comments about this writing prompt below. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci, J.D., is a freelance writer with 14 years of experience writing professionally. Socci currently cuts her blogging chops on her personal portfolio blog, the Creative Idea Gal blog, and on an online news site, Mount Vernon Patch. Inspired by Nina Amir’s Write Nonfiction in November writing challenge, she created a unique 10-month training program for Writenonfictionnow.com and Writenonfictioninnovember.com blog visitors.
Grab the badge of honor and upload it to your blog. Follow the prompts three times a week (M-W-F) right here.