Celebrity Quotes Friday
Welcome to our first Celebrity Quotes Friday! Here is Writing Prompt 003 in our 44-week, 120-prompt training program en route to the WNFIN challenge! Every Friday in the month of January we’ll be featuring celebrity quotes.
Time to Research: Which Celebrity Said What?
Look at the celebrity quotes below. Can you figure out which celebrity said these things?
- “I don’t mean to be rude, but…” (Hint: British music executive on a popular show.)
- “Bam.” (Hint: a food personality.)
- “You’re fired.” (Hint: a wealthy business executive.)
- “Kids say the darndest things.” (Hint: an African-American actor.)
- “You tried to be a lady, but you’re more comfortable being a tramp.” (Hint: Italian choreographer on a popular show.”
- “Let’s add some EVOO to that sammie.” (Hint: a food personality.)
- “I wrote myself a check for ten million dollars for acting services.” (Hint: a comedian.)
Writing Prompt 003
To complete today’s prompt, take the following steps on the honor system.
- Step 1: Pick one or two of the quotes listed above.
- Step 2: Create thoughtful nonfiction writing inspired by the quotes of your choice. Include your reasons why you chose a particular quote.
- Bonus Step: If you own a blog and wish to share a link to the blog post that contains your response to today’s writing prompt, we welcome your permalink and encourage you to post it as a comment below!
Please be sure to leave your comments about this writing prompt below. We want to hear from you!
About the Author
Amanda M. Socci, J.D., is a freelance writer with 14 years of experience writing professionally. Socci currently cuts her blogging chops on her personal portfolio blog, the Creative Idea Gal blog, and on an online news site, Mount Vernon Patch.
Inspired by Nina Amir’s Write Nonfiction in November writing challenge, she created a unique 10-month training program for Writenonfictionnow.com and Writenonfictioninnovember.com blog visitors. Grab the badge of honor and upload it to your blog. Follow the prompts three times a week (M-W-F) right here.